Plessey’s ground breaking IP protected GaN-on-Silicon supports the provision of next-generation products.
- Widely acknowledged as the route for monolithic addressable micro LED arrays/pixels for hi-res and hi-lum displays
- High brightness LEDs, microLED displays, power devices, UV LEDs, photonic integration, advanced sensors
Plessey is creating compelling cutting edge display technology solutions, addressing the challenges and limitations faced in the field of photonics.
- Arrays with emitters as small as 1 micron.
- Driven at low current density for greater efficiency and longevity
- External Quantum Efficiency at least three times higher than best in class benchmarks with more improvements in the pipeline.
- Arrays that provide at least 100,000 nits at 1 watt, that’s TV equivalent brightness at only 5mW
- Coloured pixels fabricated in monolithic form.
- IP protected custom CMOS back plane provides rapid developments for custom arrays.
GaN-on-Silicon out-perform competing technologies such as sapphire and OLEDs
- Outstanding thermal performance
- Focussed light emitting surface
- Monolithic die/array
- Lm/W maintenance
- Excellent uniformity
- Integrated electronic and optical components