Whether you’re designing at the board level, or system level, our unique, low power, non-volatile technology sets Microsemi’s Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) apart from traditional SRAM-based devices. With an extensive heritage of reliability, Microsemi’s FPGAs and SoCs meet demands for low power and security in a variety of safety-critical applications. Design with Microsemi FPGA’s and SoCs to meet demands for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles, 5G and IoT Communications Infrastructure, Environmentally-friendly Data Centers, Industrial Controls, Space, Commercial Aircraft, and Military applications.
- Nonvolatile, high-speed antifuse FPGAs
- 125K – 2M system gates
- 350 MHz system performance
- 0.15 µm, CMOS antifuse process
- Low-power, low-density antifuse FPGAs
- 3K – 12K system gates
- 350 MHz system performance
- 0.22 µm CMOS antifuse process
- Sea-of-modules antifuse FPGAs
- 12K – 108K system gates
- 250 MHz system performance
- 66 MHz PCI compliant
- Mixed-voltage and 5 V-only operation
- 3K – 54K system gates
250 MHz system performance a
- Dual-port SRAM modules & multiplex I/O
|FPGA & SoC Design Tools
Libero® SoC Design Suite offers high productivity with its comprehensive, easy-to-learn, easy-to-adopt development tools for designing with Microsemi’s PolarFire, IGLOO2, SmartFusion2, RTG4, SmartFusion, IGLOO, ProASIC3 and Fusion families.
FPGA Boards, Kits, and Solutions
Microsemi provides a selection of development kits & solutions for FPGA and SoC FPGA designs that include Libero SoC design software, power, and Programming & Debug Tools to begin your next design.
- PolarFire FPGA Kits
- SmartFusion2 SoC FPGA Boards
- IGLOO2 FPGA Boards and Kits
- Radiation-Tolerant FPGA Development Kit for RTG4 FPGAs
- IGLOO FPGA Boards and Kits for Low Power Design
- ProASIC3 FPGA Boards and Kits
- SmartFusion SoC FPGA Boards and Kits
- Fusion Mixed-Signal FPGA Boards and Kits
- Development Kits for Microsemi’s IP cores
Mi-V RISC-V Ecosystem
Main categories that make up the Mi-V RISC-V ecosystem:
Jumpstart your RISC-V designs with Microsemi’s comprehensive suite of RISC-V Soft IP Cores. Mircosemi’s RISC-V IP cores are readily available for RTG4, IGLOO2 and PolarFire FPGAs.
Microsemi introduces the industry’s first RISC-V SoC FPGA Architecture, PolarFire SoC. PolarFire SoC brings deterministic real-time performance to Linux in a coherent multi-core RISC-V CPU.
Mi-V Ecosystem consists of various design tools such as the Libero SoC FPGA Design Suite, Eclipse based IDE SoftConsole enabling quick C and C++ development, a Firmware Catalog consisting of numerous drivers, and third party platforms for development, simulation and debug.
Microsemi, along with partners, supports the most popular commercial and open-source operating systems and RTOS for RISC-V implementations on FPGA.
Boards & Solutions:
A collection of example projects, drivers and firmware running on RISC-V implementations that can accelerate your design cycle.
Microsemi is dedicated to provide excellent customer support ranging from online technical support to training. A collation of various support services available from Microsemi are listed here.
- High-speed signal processing, flash-based FPGAs
- 300 MHz performance, up to 150,000 LEs, 5 Mbit SRAM
- 462 multipliers, 75 Gbit / second SERDES bandwidth
- High-reliability, radiation-tolerant, antifuse-based FPGAs
- Available with embedded multiply-accumulate blocks for DSP applications
- Qualified to QML Class Q and QML Class V
RT ProASIC3 FPGAs
- Reprogrammable, nonvolatile, radiation-tolerant, flash-based FPGAs
- For low-power space applications, requiring up to 350 MHz operation
- Qualified to QML Class Q
- High-reliability, radiation-tolerant antifuse-based FPGAs
- Compact packaging for command and control applications
- Flight heritage established on many programs
|System on Chip (SoC) FPGAs
Microsemi currently offers two SoC FPGA families, both of which include ARM Cortex-M3 processors and microcontroller subsystems.
SmartFusion2 SoC FPGA
- Highest reliability, most secure, lowest power FPGA
- Up to 150K LEs with 5Mbit SRAM and 4.5Mbit NVM
- 166 MHz ARM Cortex-M3 microprocessor with Instruction Cache
- 5Gbps SERDES, PCIe, XAUI / XGXS+ Native SERDES
- Hard 667 mbps DDR2/3 controllers with SECDED
SmartFusion SoC FPGA
- Industry’s only FPGAs with hard 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller core
- Programmable analog with analog-to-digital converter (ADC), voltage/current/temperature monitors, digital-to-analog converter (DAC), comparators, and analog compute engine (ACE)
- Proven ProASIC3 FPGA fabric with up to 500K gates and 204 analog and digital I/Os
Discover more about Microsemi